Forte International Music Competition and Festivals is a nonprofit organization dedicated to discovering and developing talented musicians. We are looking for energetic people to join our vibrant and growing organization. By joining us you will have an incredible opportunity to shape the future of this organization, make a difference in the community, and most importantly have an impact on the lives of many talented musicians around the world. If interested, please contact us today.
The Development Coordinator will collaborate with Vice President and will be responsible for researching and developing programs, recommendations, proposals and approaches affecting donor cultivation, solicitation and recognition. The candidate will also play a critical role in organizing and analyzing data, communicating with donors, and executing various fundraising programs and activities directed toward individuals, foundations, corporations and government agencies. This is an excellent opportunity to get into the field or acquire invaluable experience that will be helpful wherever you go.
- Research and recommend potential funding programs and opportunities
- Draft funding proposals, applications, and other correspondence
- Plan and coordinate fundraising programs and other activities to reach potential contributors
- Assist with management of gifts processing, answer donor questions and provide acknowledgement
- Maintain development metrics and create monthly fundraising status reports
- Assist with other ad-hoc requests
Qualifications and experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great organizational, analytical, interpersonal and time management skills
- Attention to detail and good follow up skills
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to exercise a high level of tact and discretion
- Internet/web savvy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Interest in performing arts is a plus
- Approximately 15-20 hours per week
- Schedule is flexible
This is a volunteer opportunity for a non-profit institution under no contract of hire, express or implied, and with no promise of compensation as part of the conditions of work.
Development Coordinator will enjoy such benefits as complimentary tickets, discounted tickets for friends and family, and an opportunity to receive school credit / references, as appropriate.
To Express Interest:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please put the following: Development Coordinator – Last_Name, First_Name.